Omron Healthcare & the American Heart Association are working together to improve hypertension awareness and boost treatment diagnosis among healthcare providers. The campaign will reinforce the latest guidelines about hypertension treatment and home blood pressure monitoring as directed and approved by the American Heart Association.
The campaign’s goal is to reach 50,000 healthcare providers by 2013 with the necessary online tools and resources to empower patients, enhance patient/provider communication and improve patient outcomes. Omron and The American Heart Association believe that monitoring blood pressure at home in addition to regular monitoring in a healthcare provider’s office can help control blood pressure.
The American Heart Association Toolkit, sponsored by Omron, is free and includes:
- FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS:
- A reference sheet to help with patient diagnosis and tips for managing high blood pressure through home monitoring;
- Package of 25 hypertension education brochures and notepad for Heart360, the AHA’s online BP tracking tool, to share with patient;
- Follow-up emails with additional information from health experts at the American Heart Association and to provide feedback on the kit’s contents.
- FOR PATIENTS:
- A quick guide to help patients understand how to manage high blood pressure and monitor blood pressure at home.
Printed copies of the toolkit are free to healthcare providers while supplies last and can be ordered here.